本文へジャンプ
English Home > School History and Memorial Hall 
Welcome to Yamaguchi High

School History
1870 Founded as Yamaguchi High School   ( 9 years after the outbreak of the Civil War )
1950 Developed into Yamaguchi Senior High School  ( 5 years after the end of World War II )
1970 Celebrated the 100th anniversary of its foundation
1997 The start of work to reinforce the school buildings primarily for possible future earthquakes
2000 The start of "2 semesters , 65 minute-period" system
goal

Kinenkan(Memorial Hall)
This building is called KINENKAN which means "memorial hall".
It was built in 1922 according to the HIGH SCHOOL ACT of the CULTURAL MINISTRY of the time.
It has 2 floors and a copper roof and now stands firmly by the main gate .
Memorial Hall

Heiwanoboshizo
This is a memorial relief called "HEIWANOBOSHIZOU" which stands for our hope for World Peace.
On August 14, 1945, only one day before the end of World War II, we lost 18 students in the attack by B-29 bombers on Hikari city, where they were working at the military factory.
We feel sympathy for their families and have recorded their names. You can see a dove flying in the sky.
We want peace to spread all over the world.
Heiwanoboshizou

Shi Sei Gou Ken(the stone monument)
The stone monument engraved with the school motto was a gift from the school alumni association as a memorial of the 130th anniversary of the foundation of the school. It was erected in the green garden, visible from the principal’s office in administration building. On August 23rd, a ceremony was held to unveil the granite monument which stands 1.8 meters tall and is 2 meters in breadth. Eiji Sasaki (president of the alumni association), Sekinari Nii (governor of Yamaguchi Prefecture), Tokuro Fukuda (the then principal), and Masahiro Furutani (president of student council) unveiled the monument. The motto, “Sincerity and Fortitude”, was chosen in the hope that students would progress through life confidently while valuing sincerity as well as the importance of a strong body and soul. The characters on the monument were written by Sekinari Nii with a writing brush.
shi-sei-gou-ken(stone monument)